1921: Lumber and materials were packed in on burros for the construction of a small cab on a tower after fire season, a great improvement over the previous facilities.
1924: A new lookout tower was constructed with a cab on top.
1948: A 30-foot high K-brace steel tower with a 14x14 cab, Aermotor MI-25. The type used by the military during World War Two and sold as surplus property in the late 1940's. (Source: "Lookouts of the Southwestern Region," USFS)