1911: Tower Mountain first used as a daily patrol lookout.
April 27, 1921: "After about a week spent on the Prescott forest, J.C. Kircher, fire prevention specialist from the Albuquerque office, has approved the plans of Supervisor H.B. Wales for the construction of four lookout towers in the Prescott district. During their inspection trip Kircher and Wales went to the tops of Mount Union, Spruce mountain, Mingus mountain and Table mountain in the Crown King district and have planned that the towers be erected at these points." (Arizona Daily Star)
February 1, 1924: "A tower on Tower mountain has been completed, but the apparatus for locating smoke and equipment for fire fighting have not yet been installed."(Phoenix Arizona Republican)
September 20, 1933:"Two of the five lookout stations on the Prescott national forest will be modernized with a new type of steel tower, 30 feet in height, it was announced today by Chief Clerk Lyman C. Kiddoo. One of them will be erected probably by Camp Bucky O'Neill (Groom creek) emergency conservation workers, at the Mount Union station in the near future; the other will go up near Crown King on Tower mountain. Atop the steel towers will be cabins 12x12 feet in dimension, sufficient in size for permanent living quarters, to obviate the necessity of the lookouts' having to live in a cabin on the ground and climb up and down. The new towers also will make it possible to keep a fire in the cabins in cold weather, which is impossible in the present ones. The sides will be glassed in. Thorough insulation against lightning will be installed. Of more rigid construction than the wooden towers, the new ones of steel will be shaken very little by high winds that howl by on occasions."(Prescott Evening Courier)
May 17, 1938:"Ranger W.H. Cole of the Prescott National Forest, placed John F. Alpine, on the Tower mountain lookout in the Crown King district."(Prescott Evening Courier)