October 30, 1912: "Supervisor Granger of the Medicine Bow national forest has returned from a business trip to Saratoga and vicinity. During his absence he supervised the construction of a lookout tower on Barrett Ridge, in the western portion of the forest. The completion of the tower makes four within the forest which all parts can be watched for possible fires. Each is connected with the supervisor's office and the ranger headquarters by telephone, affording instant communication with all parts of the forest. Two and a half miles of trail were also built in the Barrett Ridge country as additional forest fire protection." (The Daily Boomerang)
July 11, 1918: "Mrs. J.D. Paulson, who with her children and the Misses Houx from Cheyenne has been camping for several days on Barrett Creek, in the Medicine Bow reserve, called up several local people Tuesday morning from the summit of Barrett Ridge, talking over the Forest Service line which terminates at a high point on the ridge where a fire lookout station is maintained, and from which point a magnificent view of the entire surrounding country may be had. The lookout station is a mile or so straight up the mountain from where the Paulson family are camping." (Saratoga Sun)
May 25, 1921: "During especially hazardous fire periods, when the fire danger is most acute, the district forest rangers serve as lookouts on additional secondary lookouts on Jay's Roost, near Keystone, Barrett Ridge at the head of Cottonwood creek, Seven mile on Rock creek divide, and the Bow lookout, near Bow ranger station." (Laramie Republican)
c.1949: Lookout duties were transferred to Slash Ridge.