August 25, 1938: "The remodeling and improving of the Galinas, Wollord and Mayhill Lookout towers and cabins has been completed and these lookout towers are now up to the standards expected. Lookout towers are becoming increasingly popular each year with visitors to the Forest and improvements are being installed for their convenience." (Alamogordo News)
. 1967: The tower was removed and placed on a new site at James Ridge.